Volume info

I have been getting the following error today when attempting to prepare a historic:

org.datasift.EInvalidData: The volume info is missing.

Is this a problem with my code, or is there an issue on DataSift’s side with preparing historics? I checked if perhaps there was an update to the API, but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks so much.

If you run an Historic over a very short period of time, you will not always receive the Volume Info for that Historic. How long is the Historic you are trying to prepare? There have been no known issues with the Historics service recently.

I have tried a variety of lengths, from 15 minutes to 6 hours. In my code I limit Historics to be a minimum of 15 minutes long and a maximum of 24 hours long.

Today I am still getting the Volume Info related error, and I have also gotten a new one:

Caused by: org.datasift.EAccessDenied: Error validating the API key. The service is experiencing some issues, please try again

Could this be part of the issue? Or is it unrelated?

Thanks so much for your help.

I ran what my code was doing by hand (i.e. https://api.datasift.com/historics/get…) and that isn’t returning the volume_info field either. Was there a change in the API? My Java library (version 2.2.0) still expects it, but it doesn’t look like it’s documented on the Datasift website either.

Thanks for your help.

Could you please raise a ticket with DataSift Support? If you can provide your DataSift username, and the parameters you are using (start / end dates, sources, playback ID, etc) we should be able to resolve this a little faster.

I’m experiencing a similar issue. I’ve opened a ticket with Support.

Is there any simple workaround for this? We’re not using the volume info at all, it appears entirely related to the Historic init not handling the missing data.

Thanks,

-mike

The latest version of the Java Client library (v.2.2.1) has removed all checks for the volume_info field, and includes some other minor updates and fixes.