Twitter.geo not being received on tweets

Hi,

I thought that the twitter.geo, that’s the place where the tweet originated was available for use. But, I’ve streamed through over 500k tweets and don’t seem to get a valid twitter.geo. Is this an issue on your side OR is twitter.geo not sent over ?

Twitter.geo will be included on any Tweets which are sent from location data enabled Twitter accounts. Typically the percentage of location enabled Tweets is pretty small (less than 10%).

Did you not receive a twitter.geo field in any of the 500K Tweets you received? There is no known issue with twitter.geo data.

Yes, we haven’t received twitter.geo in any of the 500k tweets.

Here’s an example of a tweet which is geo_enabled and source is web, but there’s no tweet.geo info…not even tweet.geo:null. I’ve removed any PII in the tweet.

{“interaction”:{“schema”:{“version”:3},“source”:“web”,“author”:{“username”:“",“name”:"",“id”:,“avatar”:“",“link”:""},“type”:“twitter”,“created_at”:“Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:00:02 +0000”,“content”:“Knp bedaaaa,kl udh mls ya blg aja.”,“id”:“1e2404c7c33da500e074b71f967c903a”,“link”:"***”},“klout”:{“score”:41},“language”:{“tag”:“id”,“confidence”:63},“twitter”:{“created_at”:“Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:00:02 +0000”,“id”:"",“source”:“web”,“text”:“Knp bedaaaa,kl udh mls ya blg aja.”,“user”:{“name”:"",“url”:“",“description”:"”,“statuses_count”:32060,“followers_count”:1516,“friends_count”:821,“screen_name”:“",“lang”:“en”,“time_zone”:“Pacific Time (US & Canada)”,“utc_offset”:-28800,“listed_count”:2,“id”:,“id_str”:”*****”,“geo_enabled”:true,“created_at”:“Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:18:44 +0000”}}}

Could you send me the stream hash you are using? Feel free to raise it as a ticket on support.datasift.com if you'd like to keep these details private.

Just to close this so that it helps others in the forum, geo_enabled:true doesn’t necessarily mean, twitter.geo will be present in the interaction received. See https://support.twitter.com/articles/78525