Python client error: Library not loaded: libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Just starting with the Python client and installed it as per the instructions (pip install datasift-beta). Installation was apparently successful. The example script core_api.py works fine.

When I try to run the live_stream_api.py example script though, it fails:

ImportError: dlopen(/Users/john/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.so, 10): Library not loaded: libssl.1.0.0.dylib Referenced from: /Users/john/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.so Reason: image not found

This is on Mac OSX but I’ve also tried it on Windows 8.1. I have the Anaconda python environment installed, and as far as I can see there isn’t anything wrong with the openssl package.

Any ideas on what’s up here?

We only support cpython 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and pypy, but I will see what Anaconda is and why it doesn’t work.

Anaconda is one of the standard pre-packaged python installs for integrated iPython, numpy, scipy etc…(like Enthought Canopy). It should be straight up python 2.7, but I will uninstall it and just install stock 2.7 and see if that helps.

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of trying that.

I can use datasift-beta’s livestreaming on linux and OS X using the latest anaconda, I would suggest upgrading your SSL libraries on OS X via homebrew or similar.

Thanks! Will do.