Is it possible to read FB post's content?

In this url http://dev.datasift.com/docs/products/pylon-fbtd/howto/developer-guide/introducing-facebook-topic-data#stories is explained that is possible to read FB post’s content (fb.content).
“The content of the post is available in the fb.content target”.
Is it right?
If i search for posts where fb.content contains “Coca cola” and Pylon query retrieves 200 posts, the question is: Can i read these 200 status text content or not?

On the other hand, at this url https://datasift.com/products/pylon-for-facebook-topic-data/faq/
Datasift says:
“Can I see the actual text, images, videos etc. from posts?
No. All Facebook topic data is in aggregate form to protect user privacy. For example, instead of receiving raw interaction data such as “I like Coca-Cola!” your result could show that 500 women in Iowa have mentioned Coca-Cola in a positive way.”

It’s important for me to access to raw interactions, because i have to perform “my” sentiment analysis on status text content. The aggregated value on content is not a good information.

The PYLON products are designed in a privacy-first way, and deliver all results in an aggregated and anonymous format.

Saying we “read” the fb.content field is a little misleading. You can filter on that data, in order to match interactions and record them to your index, though in some cases you can read the actual content of the interactions. See Super Public data for more information.

If you need to view the full content of all interactions, perhaps Facebook Pages Managed Sources will be a more suitable product to consider.

Tnx so much. I read the “Facebook Pages Managed Sources” product. For this, Datasift requires me to access with FB User account in order to get data from FB, with all the limitations imposed by rate limit defined on access token.
But…what is the added value offered by DataSift? Why i have to pay Datasift for data retrieved from FB, when these data are already accessible from my access token, free? The same question for the other Managed Sources. For example, configuring my access token for FB and Instagram, i’m already able to get data from FB and Instagram, why i have to pay for the same informations?

It is absolutely possible for you to consume that same Facebook or Instagram data by yourself, however this would require you to build out the infrastructure to continuously monitor the resources you are interested in.

DataSift’s value doesn’t just come from collecting raw data;

• we add value by allowing you to filter the raw data with CSDL, receiving only the data you care about
  • DataSift allows you to collect data from multiple sources in a single filter, delivering data in a convenient way right into your application
  • DataSift allows you to enrich each of your interactions with augmentations
  • You can classify and categorize each interaction using VEDO

Ok, tnx. Last question… there is the following simple text post:

The filter location is at state and region level, ok. But, can i perfom analysis query and retrieve also city information? In this case, can i retrieve Perugia city information? Is this information like a topic? Perugia is in the social graph, exists a Page.

At state/region level is a too large filter, it’s very difficult to use only region/state information in order to perfom an advertising campaign on Facebook, because these data don’t help me to reduce the target audience :frowning: …so the amount of data retrieved is not enough usable.

I would like to analyze what people are saying in a specific city, also, not only region/state.

Thanks.

If an individual mentions a Topic such as Perugia, then yes, it will be filterable in your CSDL. However, the author locations are limited to stated/regions for privacy reasons.