How to identify middleman in retweet of retweet situation?

My question is related to someone else’s thread I’ll include at the bottom:

When someone retweet’s a retweet “properly”, how can I identify the middleman? i.e. from the instructions below I can identify the original tweeter, but how about the retweeter who deserves some credit for making the 2nd order retweet possible? (Original Tweet from Bob > Jack Retweets Bob’s tweet “properly” > Jill Retweets Jack’s retweet “properly” … Where Jill’s retweet is the “2nd order retweet” as I described it.

Thanks,
Mike

someone else’s thread

Retweets of retweets?

Posted by harker
Your documentation page http://dev.datasift.com/docs/getting-started/data/twitter contains sample output for a retweet. What would a retweet of a retweet look like? Or a retweet of a retweet of a retweet? Are such constructions even possible?
1 year 11 months ago

Posted by Jason
Retweeting a Retweet appears in the same way as Retweeting an original Tweet. There are only two constructions of a Tweet you can receive through DataSift - an original Tweet, or a Retweet.
1 year 11 months ago

Posted by harker
So if A tweets something which is then retweeted by B we get a datasift data item that reflects this fact. But when C then receives the retweet from B and then retweets again, do we get a datasift data item that tells us that C has retweeted something from B or from A?
1 year 11 months ago

Posted by Jason
This depends to an extent on the way the Tweet is Retweeted.
If @User_B Retweets @User_A’s Tweet “properly” (by clicking a Retweet button), when @User_C comes to Retweet @User_B’s Retweet, @User_A will be attirbuted with creating the original Tweet.
If @User_B Retweets @User_A’s Tweet by copying the Tweet, and prefixing the Tweet with “RT @User_A: …”, this is not technically a proper Retweet, so @User_B will be attributed with creating the Tweet if @User_C Retweets it.
1 year 11 months ago

This is unfortunately not something we can currently achieve as it is not supported by Twitter.

If Bob's Tweet is retweeted by Jack, then Jack's retweet is retweeted by Jill, Twitter shows Jill's retweet as a retweet of Bob's Tweet - not as a retweet of Jack's retweet.