How do you determine the blog id of a blog?

For example, lets say I want to see all interactions (retweets, favorites) to http://tacobell.tumblr.com/ . I could use something like:

tumblr.source.blogid == “123456” OR tumblr.dest.blogid == “123456”

(At least I think that is right). How do I determine the blogid for a given username (such as tacobell), or how do I search by username (such as tacobell)?

To determine the ID of a Tumblr blog, I believe you will need to use the Tumblr API.

You can filter for posts from a certain blog using the tumblr.blog_name target. A full list of targets you can filter on can be found on our Tumblr Targets page.

I wasn’t able to find any tumblr API call that would return the numeric ID of a blog - the tumblr API seems to only deal in blog domain names (such as tacobell.tumblr.com). Do you know which API I should use?

Thank you for your time.

Looking at their API docs, it doesn't appear that they return the blog ID in any APi responses. As I said before  - you can filter on tumblr.blog_name to match Tumblr posts from a given page. For example:

tumblr.blog_name in "tacobell"

Thanks. On a related note, should I expect to see all activity for a feed in the live preview or is it just a sample (it is a low volume query). I have determined the blog id for this blog and am only seeing sporadic results in the live preview even when I personally am like/reblogging etc.

This depends what you are filtering on. If you are just filtering on tumblr.blog_name, you will only receive posts created by the user associated with that Blog. A full list of targets you can filter on can be found on our Tumblr Targets page.

Understood. I know how to read the docs and that didn’t really address my question.

Assume I am filtering on something like so:

tumblr.dest.blogid == “foo” or tumblr.root.blogid == “foo”

Should I expect to see all activity for a feed in the live preview or is it just a sample (it is a low volume query)?

For low volume streams, you should be able to see every interaction generated for a stream in the Live Preview. The Live Preview was not designed to handle streams receiving higher data volumes.