Example Streams on DataSift - CDSL Source

There are some interesting streams listed on the DataSift site, starting at http://datasift.com/solutions/example-streams

I am able to run many as “Free Previews” but I want to be able to see the CSDL that generates them.

How can i access this?

Currently, they're not accessible through the site. However, if there are any particular streams you want the CSDLs for, I can look them up

thanks for the prompt reply. I’ll check them out and get back to you.

Hi victor,

can you please send me the CSDL for:

• Canadian Hockey Teams
  • Obama Administration

also, I’m keen so see “best practice” on any CSDL that filters the desired interactions when the key terms have many synonyms. (disambiguation)

thanks and regards,
a.

For Canadian Hockey Teams:

tag "Canucks" interaction.content any "canucks, vancouver, @vancanucks, @nhl_canucks, #canucks" }
tag "Leafs" interaction.content any "leafs, maple leafs, toronto, @MapleLeafs, #MapleLeafs, #leafs" }
tag "Oilers" interaction.content any "edmonton, oilers, @edmonton_oilers, @nhl_oilers, #oilers" }
tag "Jets" interaction.content any "winnipeg, jets, @nhl_jets, #jets" }
tag "Flames" interaction.content any "calgary, flames, @nhl_flames, #flames" }
tag "Senators" interaction.content any "ottawa, senators, @nhl_senators, #senators" }
tag "Canadiens" interaction.content any "montreal, canadiens, @nhl_canadiens, #canadiens" }
return 
interaction.content any "nhl, hockey"
and interaction.content any "canucks, maple leafs, leafs, oilers, jets, flames, senators, canadiens"
and (language.tag == "en" or twitter.user.lang == "en" or language.tag == "fr" or twitter.user.lang == "fr")
}

For Omama Administration: 

interaction.content ANY "barack, obama, president, white house, congress, congressman, administration, policy"
OR 
links.title ANY "barack, obama, president, white house, congress, congressman, administration, policy" )
AND
interaction.content ANY "Biden, Clinton, Geithner, Panetta, Holder, Salazar, Vilsack, Bryson, Solis, Sebelius, Duncan, Donovan, LaHood, Chu, Shinseki, Napolitano, Daley, Jackson, Lew, Rice, Kirk"
OR
links.title ANY "Biden, Clinton, Geithner, Panetta, Holder, Salazar, Vilsack, Bryson, Solis, Sebelius, Duncan, Donovan, LaHood, Chu, Shinseki, Napolitano, Daley, Jackson, Lew, Rice, Kirk" )

With regard to best practises, take a good look through our Language Guide, paying particular attention to the available Operators and Targets. You will also want to take a look at our CSDL Optimization Guide, which offers some useful advice to help keep your streaming costs down.

thanks both victor and jason for your responses. I’ve been working through all the documentation you’ve mentioned. I’ve been building some of my own “how to” documents to try to summarise your material. And I’ve been running a lot of streams lately trying to understand the practical results of various techniques. but I’ve got a way to go :slight_smile:

Are the example streams still available? The link redirects to http://datasift.com/why-choose-datasift/

Unfortunately they are not still available, though we do have examples of how to use every CSDL target on our Targets pages.