Change event does not fire when i change editor rules

Hello,

I am trying to do following:

I want to regenerate JCSDL when a rule changes or a new filter is added to editor .

My first question is: what would be the best way to do this?

By looking through the documentation, I found I can set change event to call a function which will then regenerate my jcsdl through returnJCSDL().

However, when I tried doing this, it does not trigger change event when there is a change in editor.

Am I misinterpreting the documents ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jalpa

I also noticed, that upon clicking Delete, it gives a console error "Uncaught TypeError: Object [object global] has no method ‘getGuiString’ " . I wonder maybe that is stopping change event from firing ?

With default configuration, new JCSDL should be generated when you hit "Save and Preview", not when you add new filters to the query.

The only way to generate new JCSDL is to save the query (this requirement lies with the DataSift platform). Calling save() on either filterSave() or filterDelete() would be a sensible way to achieve this, as it would avoid compiling your CSDL an excessive number of times, and should avoid trying to compile invalid CSDL, like you may do if you use the raw change() method. The Configuration Options page should be useful.