404 Client Error: Not Found for /pull request

After identifying the ‘id’ using the /historics/get endpoint, when I treid a client.pull(subscription_id), it keeps giving me the error: 404 Client Error: Not Found.

The client instantiation is working properly, but the pull is throwing this error. I am not sure what is causing this issue and how do I get around it.

Here is the traceback:

Traceback:
File “/home/haris/Envs/project/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py” in get_response
111. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/home/haris/project/imports/views.py” in list_historics
66. pull_and_ingest_data(event, sub_id)
File “/home/haris/project/imports/utils.py” in pull_and_ingest_data
40. for interaction in client.pull(subscription_id):
File “/home/haris/Envs/project/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/datasift/client.py” in pull
388. return self.request.build_response(raw, parser=parser)
File “/home/haris/Envs/project/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/datasift/request.py” in build_response
87. response.raise_for_status()
File “/home/haris/Envs/project/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py” in raise_for_status
773. raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)

Exception Type: HTTPError at /historics/
Exception Value: 404 Client Error: Not Found

Hi,

Push and historics are separate entities. Historics is responsible for retrieving the data and push is responsible for the delivery of that data, so all historic queries are linked to a push subscription. More on this can be found on our documentation site

When using the pull connector you need to use the push ID, not the historic ID.

But how will I be able to retreive the subscription ids? /push/get does not return anything. Only /historics/get returns the list of historic jobs that are there.

/push/get gives me the list of subscriptions while they are active. Do I have to write down the subscription id before /push/get stops returning the list? Or is there another way to access it?

I’ll post this query as a new question.